Acrolein (C3H4O) Monitoring and Detection
Acrolein is a highly hazardous and necessary component for certain manufacturing processes. Using UV-DOAS technology, TAS has installed and continues to maintain an open path acrolein detection systems with over a dozen paths. Using a mixture of single and double-pass technologies, sometimes even using mirrors, TAS was able to create an effective perimeter around an entire unit the size of two football fields. TAS overcame this obstacle by bringing all stakeholders to the table and addressing each person’s concerns and opinions as to how the acrolein detection system should function.
Acrolein Monitoring Planning and Implementation
A successful implementation will include:
- Identifying the raw data needed for automation of any Health, Safety, and Environment (HSE) systems (such as water cannons or system flushing),
- Understanding the measurement and operations environment the sensors will be operating in,
- Determining appropriate methods for the application, and
- Working closely with the manufacturer and engineering support to design, install, and transition equipment into operations with forward-thinking planning for appropriate use and maintenance.
TAS can be as involved or completely removed as necessary once your system is installed. We can provide training and complete handoff, or we can visit your site for regular preventative maintenance checks, usually once a year, and even occasionally provide free data analysis. Customer satisfaction is the lifeblood of our success.
Typical Acrolein Monitoring Applications
- Fenceline Monitoring
- Health and Safety Monitoring
- Open Path Monitoring
Typical Industries Benefitting from Acrolein Monitoring
- Water Treatment
- Plastics Manufacturing